Insurance Information


(239) 590-9190

We participate in the following insurance plans:

  • Medicare Part B
  • Medicare Replacement Plans
  • Medicare Supplemental Plans
  • Medicaid Plans
  • Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans
  • United Health Care Plans
  • Humana Plans
  • Champ VA
  • Tricare Plans
  • Aetna Plans
  • Community Health Partners
  • Cigna Plans
  • Multiplans
  • Freedom Health Care Plans
  • Railroad Medicare
  • Workers Compensation Plans
  • Personal Injury Protection Plans (PIP)

If you are not sure whether our neurologists participate in your insurance plans, please contact us and our insurance specialists will be happy to answer your questions.

We provide legal medical services for selected clients.

How we work with your insurance

Allow us to bill your insurance
Patients must first authorize us to bill their insurance for our services by signing the Patient Insurance Authorization Form. If you do not want us to bill your insurance, payment will be due at the time of visit. We will furnish you with a receipt and visit summary so that you may seek reimbursement from your insurance.

Provide accurate and current insurance information
Patients are responsible for providing us accurate and up-to-date insurance information at each visit. The key elements are the insurance name and your subscription number. When making an appointment with us, please always have your insurance cards ready. Fax or email us a copy of your insurance cards if you can.

Ask our insurance specialists for help
Our insurance specialists can help our patients confirm insurance eligibility, explain insurance benefits for our services, estimate out-of-pocket expenses, and make payment plans. We can also help you understand Explanation of Benefit (EOB) reports from your insurances that summarize our charges, insurance payments, and your financial responsibility.

Prepare funds for copay, coinsurance, and deductibles
Patients are responsible for copays, coinsurances, and deductibles. This is generally stipulated in your insurance plans. Copays, coinsurances, and deductibles are due at the time of service. Please prepare adequate funds to make payment for the visit.

Medicare pays 80% of their fee schedule. The remaining 20% coinsurance will be billed to your secondary insurance if you have one. Medicare also has a deductible to meet each year. Secondary insurances may or may not cover the deductible. If you do not have a secondary insurance, you are responsible for the Medicare deductible and 20% coinsurance.

Authorization from your referring doctor
Some HMO insurance plans require prior authorization for their patients to see our neurologists or have a diagnostic test done in our offices. Please ask your referring doctor to send us an authorization. Without prior authorization, your insurance will not pay for our services and your appointment may be delayed.

Authorization for medications and diagnostic tests
Some insurances require authorization for certain medications and diagnostic tests. If our medical assistants cannot obtain authorization from your insurance company, you will have to contact your insurance to get the authorization request form. We will help fill out our portion of the form and work with you to submit the paperwork to your insurance. Many insurances pay for generic medications without requiring authorization. Ask your neurologist whether a generic substitute is right for you.

Workers Compensation appointment
If you want your Workers Compensation insurance to pay for our services, you must provide us the case number, the name and telephone number of your worker's compensation insurance carrier and the date of injury. You may contact your adjuster to obtain the above information. Sometimes, your adjuster makes appointments with us on your behalf.